rhyme

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 20 16:15:33 UTC 2009

Hasn't someone devoted his life to the history of slant rhyme in English
Literature?  I recall some profs who gave the impression tha Emily Dickinson
and Wilfred Owen were the prophets of slant rhyme, and they come late in
history.

Not that it couldn't have existed earlier, but perhaps it was usually
considered to be a forgivable lapse rather than a virtue or a brilliant
variation.  Just guessing.

JL