eggcorn alert

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 21 05:22:19 UTC 2009

Ions vs. Eons

No, really! I am closer to believing that this is not an eggcorn but a
simple word choice error. I am not sure if choosing the wrong word based
merely on the fact that it is outside the user's normal vocabulary but
sounds about right constitutes an eggcorn. But I wanted an excuse to
post the clip here.

Of course, with Sarah Palin or one of her cronies writing it, there is
always a possibility that not much thought went into it at all and
simply the wrong word was chosen. (The expression showed up on Palin's
Twitter feed.)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/12/19/palin-continues-to-blast-climate-change-believers/
> "Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly
> devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl
> chng," the former Republican vice presidential nominee wrote.

     VS-)