Dialexicon: map of US accents by county

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 23 17:01:19 UTC 2009

>And if any linguist were to tell me that all US counties fall neatlyinto one dialect area, I would check to see if the date was April 1st.

We kind of do.  It's TV and radio.  I'll never forget going to college in East Tenn from Conn and hearing the dialects.  Then TV came on and it was back to the real world.  But I like the dialect.  Reflects a way of life.  When I go there I start talking (not "tocking") funny too.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/