... is mentioned

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 2 13:46:05 UTC 2009

Chris Waigl, quoted in?/on? Arnold's blog:

'_Lowercase_ "internet" appears to be widely accepted now.'

Back in the early 'Nineties, on national Macintosh BBS's such as BMUG
and BCS/Mac, "(the) internet" was normally spelled _(the) internet_.
The capitalized "(the) Internet" is the innovation for senior-citizen
Mac users. "(The) Internet" feels like "(the) Earth." (The) _internet_
is taking the spelling back to its roots.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain