Naomi (was: how is it pronounced)

Mon Feb 9 16:36:54 UTC 2009

There is a fairly substantial literature on the pronunciation of final
unstressed vowels in English, including writing by Halle, Don Lance, and myself.

In a message dated 2/9/09 1:09:18 AM, strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM writes:

> Interesting spelling.  I've always (as a Cincinnati native) imagined
> it as "Cincinnatuh", showing a schwa ending.  But Google tells me "ah"
> is the norm.  I've never said it that way, but have known plenty of
> people who did.

Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
AOL Music.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000003)