Eggcorn? "warn" > "worn"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 10 04:38:53 UTC 2009

And the ones who visit the Saint Louis Zoo in "Farest Pork." My
high-school Latin teacher, who was from Omaha, used to claim that that
was the way that we talked. Ridiculous! We said "Farest *Park*."

I've noticed that there are speakers who, to my ear, strangely don't
distinguish between "war" and "wore."  OTOH, I don't distinguish
between "Worf" and "wharf."

-Wilson
–––
-----