"East St. Louis Toodle-oo"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 16 03:10:30 UTC 2009

This, as the more mature of us know, is the name of an old jam by
"Duke" Ellington. Somewhere or other, many dekkids ago, I read that,
contrary to popular belief, _toodle-oo_ is not pronounced as the
uninitiated would assume, but, rather, as "toad-low." While browsing
through iTunes, I came across a version of this with the title
spelled, "East St. Louis _Todalo_."

I've never heard this title pronounced, so I have no comment.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain