Surprise (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 20 20:22:36 UTC 2009

Not that a simplified spelling of English wouldn't be a good thing, but Theodore Roosevelt as President with the asssistance of the world's richest man at the time, Andrew Carnegie, couldn't change 12 words.  So I think Noah Webster had the last shot and that's about it.

Truespel as it stands is merely an English friendly phonetic notation.  I wrote 4 books on its uses as a dictionary and English phoneme analysis tool.  It's email friendly, filename friendly, spreadsheet friendly, capitalization friendly, and punctuation friendly.  So it's got a lot of advantages over other phonetic notations, not to mention that it's learnable by 3rd graders in less than an hour.

I've rewritten the English language (63k words) and have found puzzling phonetics from dictionaries and other sources that I don't understand from my listening to "talking" dictionaries, which I take as (and I believe are) standard dialect.  It leads to lively discussion.

see truespel.com

http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Faster_022009