Dyslexia and English Orthography was "surprise"

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 21 12:28:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Scot LaFaive <slafaive at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will readily admit that Ron does speak openly, almost painfully so, about
> what displeases him, but any anger directed toward Tom isn't because he dare
> violate some traditionalist doctrine. It's because he continually says the
> same thing without regard for what people more knowledgeable in the field
> than him are saying. It's like if I went on a biology forum with the little
> I know of the science and proclaimed various ideas that experts in the field
> knew to be false, but I didn't listen anyway and just kept on trucking. It's
> rather offensive after awhile.

So why not just ignore it?  If I see a post on some topic I'm not
really interested in, I just take a quick glance at it and then hit
the archive button.  At least the subject matter is something related
to what the list deals with.

No matter how much I think about it, I still can't see any benefit
that could possibly arise from insults.  If someone insults me and I
insult them back harder, can I gain from this?  Can we trace this back
to flyting?

--
Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China