~ (UNCLASSIFIED)

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 22 00:37:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Tom Zurinskas <truespel at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't recall addressing that to you, but to Scot.
>
> Don't you think it's right to stand up to these kind of intellectual bullies.  There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

My point exactly.  I don't think insults belong on this list no matter
who their from.  Especially counter-insults, as they reduce the list
to a vehicle for useless flame wars.

This list in general is a valuable resource on language.  Insults --
for whatever reason -- just pollute it.  If one is insulted, one can
respond to that (if there's really a need for that) off the list.

--
Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China