Rare Dialects

Paul paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Mon Feb 23 23:29:53 UTC 2009

While tending bar at Miami International in the '80s, I could never
understand French nationals when they asked for a Budweiser.  I could
see them getting upset believing it was some sort of payback for
Parisians refusing to understand anyone.  After a while I automatically
asked any Frenchman if he wanted a Budweiser if I couldn't understand
him.  98% correct.
I tried then and still can not imitate their excruciation's, it was just
totally alien to me.

As an aside, if you really want to irritate a French speaker just tell
him, "I didn't know you spoke Haitian"