"shade-tree mechanic"

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Feb 27 00:08:14 UTC 2009

OK, I'm coming to LH's defense (as if he needs it). . .

I'm a 43-year-old Northern female who has acted as a shade-tree
mechanic (used to do the oil changes, change the brake pads, and even
changed brake calipers on my Datsun), but had not heard the term
either until hearing it on Car Talk.

---Amy West