Top 10 Language Stories of 2008

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 2 15:38:50 UTC 2009

I live in S Florida.  Shoppers have come up to me and asked if I speak Spanish so I could help them with English in the grocery.  New renters next to my condo natively speak French from Quebec.  I played golf with one of them and we got paired with another French speaking couple. Wee.  But to me they did speak some English, thankfully.  And thankfully English is the linqua franca of the world.

Of interest to me is that there need be 1. a new English based phonetic spelling for our dictionaries as a standard that 2. one simple enough to be used to teach children to read and help with phonemic awareness and accent reduction, and 3. one useful as a standard translation guide notation.  Truespel is the first to have this goal of integration.

If English folks don't develop this, perhaps Spanish folks will.  Of interest is spelling reform for Brazil and Portugal.

Of the languages that are dissappearing (some say 2 or 3 per month), be glad to say goodbye, because folks are learning more useful languages for better communication.

Learn truespel in 15 minutes at http://tinypaste.com/76f44

http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008