Conjunctive WHICH (... Living Like Jesus)

Mon Jan 5 18:16:47 UTC 2009

This seems to be a variant on the conjunctive use of WHICH, which has been
discussed here before, I believe. It is a feature (rather startling to my ears)
of the speech of North Carolina (and doubtless other parts of the South).

Here, it seems to me, it may mean something like, 'after all'.

In a message dated 1/5/09 1:03:11 PM, aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM writes:

> I am having a hard time parsing the quote:
>
> http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=6573818
>
> [Ed Dobson] even had a couple of beers along the way. "I would often go
> down to the bar, sit up at the counter, drink a beer and talk about God,
> which Jesus was accused of being a glutton and a drunkard," he said.

New year...new news.  Be the first to know what is making