possible ID of "Murphy's Law" user in 1951/1949-50

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Mon Jan 12 11:41:46 UTC 2009

I may have identified the speaker of "Murphy's Law" in the 1951 publication
(below) that reported an interview in 1949 or 1950:
Horace Richard Crane (1907-2007), Physics Ph.D., Cal. Tech., 1934; Prof. at U.
Mich. at the time of the interview. If there's interest I'll describe the
criteria for the possible, I guess probable, identification. For now I note
that he, like I. C. Cornog, the 1952 user of "Murphy's Law" (below), was a
physicist.

Stephen Goranson
http://www.duke.edu/~goranson