bounty = "splendid abundance"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 16 01:08:08 UTC 2009

Nope.

The 2008 ex. refers (it seems to me) to the wonderfully large number of
characters, not to anybody's liberality or generosity.

Likewise, back in the '60s, _Playboy_ often described its Playmates and
others as "the bountiful Miss Potrzebie," etc.  Not because they were
munificent but because they were abundantly endowed.

Cf. the more traditional, "a bountiful harvest."  Generous in a sense, yes,
but unless you already knew the word it would seem to mean "splendidly
abundant" or, as M-W has it (sense 2) "given or provided abundantly."