"War is Hell"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 16 02:00:12 UTC 2009

I understand that this is of no particular value, but, according to a
biography of Sherman from some time in the last century, of which I
have no other memory, what he actually said was something like,

"There are those fools who reckon war a glorious and heroic
undertaking. But I have seen war, and it is hell."

Or something more-or-less to that effect.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain