Frak Attack!

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 16 22:18:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Mark Peters <markpeters33 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> New article on the lingo of Battlestar Galactica:
> http://www.good.is/?p=14736

>From the article: "By far, frak is the most-used word on the show, "

It outranks the, to, and, a, of, etc.?  It is probably the most-used
interjection on the show, but I doubt it even outranks nouns like
"time" and verbs like "go" and "think".  Nice article otherwise.  :)

On a related note, I'm planning on teaching a course on connected
speech change, and was thinking of choosing an episode of Battlestar
Galactica to transcribe phonetically and draw examples from.  If
anyone has any favorite episode suggestions, whether based on
linguistic interest or just entertainment value, please let me know!
I need to choose it and start transcribing in about three days.

--
Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China