flyting and rap

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 17 03:29:03 UTC 2009

Well, actually, I had in mind whoever may have written for the show. I
recognize that it wasn't necessarily *literally* one of the brothers
who came up with the word. And, by "One never knows ...," I was
attempting to convey that, though *I* didn't ever hear anyone /
anybody say "breastisses" in real life until *after* I'd heard it on
In Living Color beaucoup times, that wasn't necessarily the experience
of the Wayanses or that of DAG or that of whoever else may have been
involved in its use on the show. For me, "breastisses" is a made-up
pronunciation of "breasts" used only on that show, on the cartoon
show, "Squidbillies," whose dialect is supposedly that of the
Appalachian foothills of North Georgia. For others, however, it may be
an ordinary colloquial word used in everyday speech.

One never knows. ;-)

-Wilson
–––
-----