"the google" noun was Re: Re: Word of the Decade Nominations Open for 2000-2009

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Tue Jan 20 02:37:54 UTC 2009

This jogged my memory: this past week, on the 16th, there was a
Doonesbury where Roland Hedley uses Google apparently as a synonym
for the Web or the Internet: "Sir, according to my research on the
Google, you've already been judged a failure."

http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html?uc_full_date=20090116

---Amy West