Request: 1971 cartoon with "la grande pomme" (The Big Apple)

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Sat Jul 4 14:56:26 UTC 2009

In 1971 (maybe 1972)  I saw a cute cartoon soon after "The Big Apple" started to be popularized internationally as NYC's nickname.  IIRC, it showed a ship passing by the Statue of Liberty, and a young French woman is excitedly telling her mother: "Oh, maman, la grande pomme!"

I'm trying to find that cartoon again but am having difficulty doing so.  If anyone could help in this, I'd be very grateful.

Gerald Cohen