bangomen

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 6 18:14:47 UTC 2009

The English-East Asian pidgin for a man-of-war may have been "war-junk," if
one can believe Petty-Officer George Willis, USN, writing in the 1870s.  It
was English for a flat-bottomed Chinese war vessel.

It may be faux. I do not know. But it sounds OK to me.

But I think Amy has the last word on "bangomen."

JL