OT: "Ai kama zimba zimba zayo"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 8 01:00:03 UTC 2009

Seeger recorded a version of this?! What in the world could he have
been thinking?! As fate would have it, I've never heard a recording of
this by anyone. I know it only as the themesong <aaarrrggghhh!!!> of
my grade-school graduation class of 1950. I'd made a point of
forgetting it and now, by sheer coincidence, I've been reminded of it.
Oh, well. Thangs be's that way.

Life sucks, and then you die.

-Wilson

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Joel S. Berson<Berson at att.net> wrote:
> Sender: Â  Â  Â  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster: Â  Â  Â  "Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET>
> Subject: Â  Â  Â Re: OT: "Ai kama zimba zimba zayo"
>
> At 7/7/2009 02:11 PM, Mark Mandel wrote:
>>With the lyrics: "Ai kama zimba zimba zayo, Ai kama zimba zimba zi." (From
>>Marais and Miranda, by ear.)
>
> Good for you, Mark! Â The original, as far as I know, and before even
> Pete Seeger.
>
> Joel

-Wilson
–––