Wackipedia goes Anglish!

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 17 00:30:10 UTC 2009

I'm not complaining.. It's just that I was "faked out of my jock," as
we said in high school. I thought that it was going to be the case
that someone had put together a BE version of Wikipedia, till I had
read the entire post. That is, the post was about Ang-glish and not
about Ang-lish, also known as "Ing-lish," among educated speakers.
This difference in pronunciation is obvious, once you've become aware
of it.

-Wilson

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Mark Mandel<thnidu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender: Â  Â  Â  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster: Â  Â  Â  Mark Mandel <thnidu at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Â  Â  Â Re: Wackipedia goes Anglish!
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh. So, you *don'?* mean "Ang-lish," afta ?awl. Solid. I'm down wit dat.
>>

> What's wrong with Anglish -- or Ander-Saxon, as I'm more likely to think of
> it?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglish
>
> m a m

-Wilson