An old adage?

Victor aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 3 23:56:10 UTC 2009

Ignoring the second part (bees to honey), there is an infinite number of
expressions similar to the one in question. I used "where there is money
to be made" as a common element in the search and came up with hundreds
of examples. No two were alike, as far as I can tell, except those
quoting the same passage.

Here's a handful of samples.

 From April 2007:

 >>Where there is money to be made, the chances are there is money to be
stolen too.

Another English one (but a comment by someone from Evansville--no state
given), but this one barely two weeks old:

 >>Where there is money to be made, there you will find dishonest people
who don't care if they endanger the lives of others.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6330301.ece

 From April 2008:

 >>There will always be fraud and deception where there is money to be made.
http://www.cooperativegrocer.coop/articles/index.php?id=786

 From March 2006:

 >>Where there is blood there are wolves. Where there is money to be
made, there will be scam artists and unethical behavior.
http://propertygrunt.blogspot.com/2006/03/stop-pressing-red-button.html

 From an undated white paper on privatization by Ellen Dannin, a law
professor:

 >>Where there is money to be made there is temptation, and that
temptation is expensive for all of us. Each year we face the impact of
$200 billion of white collar fraud.
http://www.corporations.org/privatization.html

 From September 2007:
 >>Unfortunately, where there is money to be made in a unregulated
industry, you will have the scammers and sharks coming out of the
woodwork to prey on uneducated and ill informed homeowners and also
people that are looking into this as a career.
http://loanworkout.org/2007/09/loss-mitigation-as-a-business/

 From NJ Monthly, December 2007:

 >>“Gang members go where there is money to be made,” notes Hampton.
“Drugs, racketeering, extortion, auto theft, money laundering, gambling,
welfare, mortgage, and credit-card fraud—and don’t forget murder.
They’re into it all.”
http://njmonthly.com/articles/towns_and_schools/first_blood.html