which we're going to get through this

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 4 14:45:01 UTC 2009

I can hardly believe that the records on this are so scanty.

The construction may well be regional.  Despite Woody Allen,  I never
noticed it in NYC speech.

Bret Harte seems to use it  in his poem "Plain Language from Truthful James"
(1870).   He was imitating a California gambler's speech, but they came from
all over.

JL