hillbillies -- (information from Jack Morgan's article)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 11 00:11:35 UTC 2009

"Billy-boys of the hill country" is a new one on me - to put it mildly.

And since the vast majority of Americans were Protestants themselves, why
stigmatize the _*Billy Boys_?

Until someone provides some continuity of usage, from the 18th C. to 1891,
the theory has no credence with me.

JL

JL