History of US English by Wilson; MS needs a home

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Sun Jun 14 13:32:17 UTC 2009

On Jun 13, 2009, at 10:15 AM, Gerald Leonard Cohen wrote:

> I think I can help here.  The best home for the manuscript of
> Elizabeth Wilson's father is probably the Western Historical
> Manuscript Collection, located at the University of Missouri-
> Columbia. (Its website is http://whmc.umsystem.edu).
>
> Some 24 years ago I helpd bring the Peter Tamony Collection of
> Americanisms to the WHMC, and I know of at least one other linguist
> who donated his papers there.  My guess is that WHMC  would very
> much welcome the donation of the Wilson manuscript, and the staff
> there is very good at making all its material available to scholars...

i archived a pile of my papers and records there in 1998 (and will add
to that archive in a while).  working with them was smooth and easy,
and they've been good at giving access to the material to scholars.

arnold