went walkabout

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 24 20:09:46 UTC 2009

He may well have been influenced by the dramatic use of the word in a
current Australian tourism commercial, whivj I have seen probably fifty
times, beginning late last year.

The heroine/shero is stressed out. Late that night some kind of Aboriginal
incubus-kid shows up near/in/on/over her bed and whispers deep in her ear
with dramatic pauses:

"Sometimes...we have to get lost to find ourselves....Sometimes...we gotta
go  _walkabout_!"

Next thing you know, the woman is in Oz having the time of her life.

But don't take my word for it:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-gQGMuxJ0vCc/incredible_australia_come_walkabout_commercial_directed_by_baz_luhrmann_for_tourism_australia/

JL