Jenny Agutter (was went walkabout ) (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 25 23:28:47 UTC 2009

That's good to know, Bill. I saw American Werewolf, and now that you
remind me, I do recall that she was in that movie.

I thought that she demonstrated talent as a photographer.

Nevertheless, I find it *amazing" that the word, "walkabout," isn't
automatically associated with the movie, Walkabout, regardless of what
anyone considers the word to mean or how anyone chooses to use it.
That movie is - if y'all will pahdn ma Fraynch - a muthafukka!

OT: Does anyone know what language it was that the Aborigine kid was
speaking? Just wondering. In the movie that I saw him in later, he was
dressed in working-man's clothing and speaking Strine.

-Wilson

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Mullins, Bill
AMRDEC<Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:
> Sender: Â  Â  Â  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster: Â  Â  Â  "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject:      Jenny Agutter  (was went walkabout ) (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE

> ---------------
>> --------
>> Sender: Â  Â  Â  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>> Poster: Â  Â  Â  Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
>> Subject: Â  Â  Â Re: went walkabout (UNCLASSIFIED)

>> --------
>>
>> My God! Has so much time passed? Back in the 'Seventies, Walkabout was
>> possibly the biggest Australian movie ever released in the U.S. It
>> made the director's career, though, as fate would have it, the careers
>> of the stars went nowhere in particular. The last that I've heard of
>> Jenny Agutter that I can remember was a small book of her photographic
>> work that I came across in Widener. I don't remember the year. It was
>> probably some time in the 'Eighties.
>>

> Agutter continued to act, and I've always known who she was. Â Logan's
> Run, The Eagle has Landed, and American Werewolf in London were probably
> her biggest film roles and she shows up in British TV from time to time
> (my wife is a big Poirot fan on BBC Mystery, and she popped up there
> once).
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE

-Wilson