OT: Appalachian Trail [Was: Where were you when the sewers exploded?]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jun 25 23:50:36 UTC 2009

At 6/25/2009 01:38 PM, Benjamin Zimmer wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:34 PM, James A. Landau wrote:
> >
> > It is possible that "hiking the Appalachian Trail" was a
> deliberate invention
> > on the part of some staffer to claim that the Governor was still
> in the State
> > and therefore still acting as Governor, even though he was incommunicado.
>
>Except that the Appalachian Trail doesn't run through South Carolina.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_Trail

My apologies to Ron Buttersworth -- apparently I didn't hike the
Appalachian Trail, since where I was, in the howling desert, was at
the northern edge of Vermont.

But I think I was told is it was a branch -- perhaps there is also a
spur into South Carolina.

Joel