cyring for Argentina

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jun 26 18:57:19 UTC 2009

At 2:31 PM -0400 6/26/09, Amy West wrote:
>In the snippet that I heard on NPR's Morning Edition yesterday
>morning, I thought I heard Sanford himself say that he had been
>"crying in Argentina. . . "  I could be very wrong.
>
>---Amy West

Yes, I've also read that he said he's been spending 5 days crying in
Argentina (Andrew Lloyd-Webber to the contrary notwithstanding).
Obviously an illusion to Evita.  That's also mentioned (cf. Exhibit
#3) in this recent take on the episode, which I sort of liked without
being entirely certain what "emo" refers to:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-rees/is-mark-sanford-americas_b_220878.html