"Glad"-brand products use the slogan,

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 27 06:02:10 UTC 2009

Don't get mad! Get "Glad!"

Down East Texas way, black parents tell their annoyed children, of
whatever age: "_If you('re) mad, you betta get glad_!" The meaning is,
"I simply do *not* care *what* your feelings about this [whatever]
are!"

As a consequence, I personally find this slogan extremely annoying,
because it reminds me of thousands of losing set-to's with my mother,
throughout my childhood and youth.

Is this saying familiar to anybody else from down home?
--
-Wilson
–––