Quotation: "a marine and his rifle" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Jun 29 16:03:15 UTC 2009

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

[unsigned editorial] "To Test Trench Warfare" _Reno Evening Gazette_ Sep
18 1937 p 4 col 1
"Where the practice abroad has been to build military strength about
automatic weapons, such as the light machine gun, this nation still
holds that the rifle in the hands of a marksman is the deadliest weapon
in the world."