"terminally" = utterly; extraordinarily

Victor aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 29 19:52:13 UTC 2009

Although the ambiguity may be present in this particular case, there is
no denial that "terminally" in the sense of "utterly" is quite common. I
seem to recall a line from A Fish Called Wanda, where one character asks
the other, "So [blah blah blah] or are you terminally stupid?" But even
without that particular reference, there are 49000+G raw ghits on
"terminally stupid" with no apparent geographic limitations. Here are a
couple of titles of posts from the first page of Google hits.

http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2009/06/you_just_cant_help_the_terminally_stupid.html

 >>Taking Advantage of the Terminally Stupid

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2004/10/04/taking-advantage-of-the-terminally-stupid.aspx

There also appears to be 49 entries for Terminally Stupid in the Urban
Dictionary.

    VS-)