pron. of just

M Covarrubias mcovarru at PURDUE.EDU
Sun Mar 1 00:14:53 UTC 2009

On Feb 28, 2009, at 6:59 AM, Tom Zurinskas wrote:

> It's only a fact if you define it as such.  Take the word "local".
> Do you want to say the phonetic spelling is ~loekl.  Then what if I
> need to say "localizer" I don't want to say ~loekliezer.  I want to
> say ~loekooliezer.  But your syllabic l foespel does not allow it.
> Not good.

it's also a fact if it happens to be true. which it is. the phonology
of english isn't limited by your inability to recognize the system.

this is yet another weakness of your system -- the inability to
indicate syllabic consonants. but it's easily solved. you might want
to consider using an extra symbol in there to indicate when the [r] or
the [l] or the [m] or the [n] is syllabic.

unless you really don't care about transcribing accurately.