paper of/and pins

Alison Murie sagehen7470 at ATT.NET
Mon Mar 2 16:18:35 UTC 2009

The contemporary pins were individually forged, costly & highly
prized, acc. some teacher of mine in grade school. This would also
account for: "See a pin & pick it up, All the day you'll have good
luck.  See a pin & let it lie, Bad luck will follow you till you
die."  Our lives are so full of ingenious artifacts that  we take
their existence for granted, hardly realizing what want of any  of
them might feel like. You never miss the water....&c.
AM