use of "sunshine" as a racial slur against blacks

Jocelyn Limpert jocelyn.limpert at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 3 01:24:14 UTC 2009

I could find "shine" in The Racial Slur Database (easily Googled) --
"sunshine" is not included, and they have a long list of racial slurs.

For "shine," they have the following, but not as a diminuitive of
"sunshine," so it doesn't really fit. It is as follows:

  Shine/Shiner Blacks In reference to the shine their skin can sometimes
give off. Also a 1920's main occupation, shoe shiners.