paper of/and pins

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 3 03:29:07 UTC 2009

See http://www.theweebsite.com/ragnar/songs/paper_of_pins.html. This
page has two versions:

1. the one that starts off the Mudcat Cafe thread I pointed to ("PAPER
OF PINS (3)", last verse starting "Ah ha ha now I see, / You love my
money but you don't love me"

2. below that, one that matches your earworm scrap, begining "I'll
give to you a paper of pins, For that's the way true love begins. This
one has a happy (-ily-ever-after) ending, "Yes, I'll accept the key to
your heart, That we may love and never part..."

I heard some form of the happy-ending version as a child, and I still
have the tune in my head, though I don't remember it's being anywhere
near as long as this one.

Mark Mandel