on the other hand

Hillary Brown hillaryhazelbrown at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 5 20:46:50 UTC 2009

Using the "the" provides a lovely basis for the Randy Travis song "On the
Other Hand," the first verse and chorus to which go like so:

On one hand I count the reasons I could stay with you
And hold you close to me, all night long.
So many lover's games Id love to play with you
on that hand there's no reason why it's wrong

But on the other hand, There's a golden band
To remind me of someone who would not understand
On one hand I could stay and be your loving man
But the reason I must go is on the other hand

hb