Q: Origin and extension of "Finger-Fehler"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 9 13:28:08 UTC 2009

By "pronounce the /g/," do you mean pronounce "finger" as "fing-ger"
rather than as "fing-er"?

BTW, in at least some parts of the South, the German-style
pronunciation is used. In my birthplace, ordinary folk say "fang-uh."
The pronunciation,  "fing-uh" is hardly rare in the non-South. (Are
locations like Saint Louis, SouthSide Chicago, or South-Central Los
Angeles really "the North," WRT black speech?)

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain