Shrimp(s) and prawns

Kari Castor castor.kari at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 12 19:46:03 UTC 2009

That's a fairly typical extension, in my experience, and generally done more
for the sake of foolishness itself than out of any misapprehension of
correctness or desire to sound edumacated.
And it gets done to just about any word that ends with a schwa followed by
an s.  Penis > penii is a favorite.