"troll" -- an English Internet term enters German

Chris Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Fri Mar 13 01:21:47 UTC 2009

On 13 Mar 2009, at 01:10, Mark Mandel wrote:

> From the International Herald Tribune story:
> http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/03/12/europe/germany.php?page=1
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> The Web site later posted a message saying that it thought the
>> exchange was a hoax, but The Associated Press reported that a
>> police spokesman, Klaus Hinderer, said, "We are completely
>> convinced of the veracity of the post."

The police have since retracted this and are currently widely quoted
as calling their initial conviction "an error" (Irrtum). Personally, I
have no opinion either way, but from the latest news it looks more and
more questionable.

--
Chris Waigl -- http://chryss.eu -- http://eggcorns.lascribe.net
twitter: chrys -- friendfeed: chryss