spelling pronunciation--words in -or

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Fri Mar 20 19:55:19 UTC 2009

So, Ben, you're saying it's a GEORGIA thing--Zell and me!

I believe I heard Chris Matthews use the other pronunciation of "metaphor"--with the emphatic -or. Of course, he didn't satisfactory answer Zell's question "Do you know what a mataphor IS?"  So his pronunciation can hardly be taken seriously . . . .

--Charlie