Was: Biblical Knowledge, Now "Lay"

Wed Mar 25 12:35:37 UTC 2009

My question came to mind just before this Biblical Knowledge thread was starting - could it be Spring?  The term "lay with" (or is it "lie with"?) as used in the KJV - is it a euphemism of the KJV translators, or was it a commonplace phrase at the time of James I?  More to the point, is that phraseology or something similar used in the Hebrew and Greek texts, or is their language more explicit?