Schott's Vocab

Damien Hall djh514 at YORK.AC.UK
Thu Mar 26 10:25:01 UTC 2009

Yesterday's online _NYT_ had this Op-Ed 'introducing' Ben Schott's blog
there, 'Schott's Vocab', 'that will explore the vocabulary of current
events - some serious, others frivolous, some neologized, others newly
newsworthy. Each day, Schott's Vocab will track the words and phrases that
encapsulate the times in which we live or shed light on a story of note.'
Contributions from readers are invited. Could this be a way to encourage
one's students to spot new words: the chance to get your name in print
about it? (As if encouragement were needed.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/opinion/26schott.html?emc=eta1

I say 'introduces' between inverted commas because clicking on the blog
itself:

http://schott.blogs.nytimes.com/

reveals that it has been running since at least the end of last year. (That
was the point at which I got bored of clicking on 'Older Entries' to track
back to the starting-date; I couldn't see a link to the blog archive.)

Damien

--
Damien Hall

University of York
Department of Language and Linguistic Science
Heslington
YORK
YO10 5DD
UK