Dirt Nap

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 3 09:19:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Murrah Lee <mclee at murrah.com> wrote:

> I was speaking with a friend and historian in East Texas recently, and
> he used the term "dirt nap" to state that someone had died.  It was
> the first time I had ever heard the term, and I thought it was so
> colorful that I would report it to the list.

If your interested in even more colorful terms, Johnny Carson had a skit
once in which he played a co-worker of a Roget's Thesaurus employee who just
had died.  The skit was Johnny's speech at the wake, which featured every
euphemism for death that he could think of.  It's on YouTube, and I'd find
it for you, but YouTube is still blocked in China.  It's easy to find,
though.

I don't remember if it included "dirt nap".

--
Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China