number format

David Bergdahl dlbrgdhl at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 8 16:18:21 UTC 2009

I remember being told in 4th grade some sixty years ago that, on checks, one
should write "one hundred and fifteen hundreths" for $100.15 and that to
write "one hundred and fifteen" meant the same, so that one should omit
"and" in writing numbers.  Or at least that's what my ancient teacher, Miss
Krum, told us.