Pronunciation of "Ngaio"

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 10 03:06:10 UTC 2009

Referring to the Language Log posting on initial ngm, such
labio-velars are not uncommon in West African languages as part of a
series with coarticulated stops /kp/ and /gb/.  /Nm/ is less common
than the stops, but is found in Cross River languages and, IIRC, Ekoid
Bantu, but I don't have my copy of Crabbe's Ekoid Bantu Lanugages of
Ogoja handy.

Herb