Pronunciation of "Ngaio"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 10 04:12:43 UTC 2009

"Dat _WIN_," you say? Well, cut my legs and call me "Shorty"! I've
always heard his name as "Dat _WEN_", regardless of who was
pronouncing it! Despite the fact that I personally always pronounce it
as "Dat _WIN_." Didn't he grow up in *Texas", wherein /En/, as
elsewhere behind the Cotton Curtain and 'mongst the colored
everywhere, is always pronounced [In]?

You never know. Dialect, like payback, is a bitch. ;-)

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain